The Player 1 Advantage

Talk about all things Ascension here!

Re: The Player 1 Advantage

Postby busti » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:11 am

I'm actually not surprised that WOS favors first player. Those 1 rune 1 power cards are so good and easy to grab!
busti

Playdek ID: super busti

Postby turtler7 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:07 am

EDIT: I sort of took player 2 winning data and pretended that was games played where I was the 2nd player. Not quite right, the 1st player wining data where I was the loser column would be more accurate (at all usable). Went too fast with the autosort in spreadsheet! My bad.
Last edited by turtler7 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
turtler7

Playdek ID: turtler7

Postby turtler7 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:17 pm

EDIT: Yeah, I screwed up in my sorting algorithm. Fixing it now and updating to include many more games anyway!
Last edited by turtler7 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
turtler7

Postby turtler7 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:10 pm

No updated sets breakdown but a fast update with winrates. I now have 1330 games in the data set and the wins as first player and wins as second player numbers are now 0.04% different (in favor of player 2). As the player two numbers have risen since the first 900 games reported above it seems the player seat in overall games seems pretty balanced or slightly in favor of player 2. I will get to 1500-2000 games somewhere before I do another by set breakdown.
turtler7

Postby turtler7 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:18 pm

Ok this data is now sorted correctly and tabulated with the breakdown of solo and duo set combinations for more information. Some of the duo set total plays are too low to draw any big conclusions from their individual breakdown but the SET+X data is looking much better to representative if a bit skewed by the sets I play most frequently.

This data is collected by playing in tournaments, fun matches against tournament or ascension discord players, and my personal challenge matches against top players. This is competitive numbers rather than just random games against anyone who will accept the game posting. More than half the data is challenge matches against the players I consider to be the best in the game (and most active as we enjoy playing regularly).

Player 1 has an 4% advantage swing overall. When I noramalize it to account for my personal skill vs the skill of my opponents I am consistantly 2% better than my average opponent and it doesn't change the 4% swing in favor of player 1. All the data besides the first line has been broken down to account for which player seat I was in and if I won or lost to both show me my own relative skill/weakness in different sets and to allow a more direct comparison between player 1 winrate and player 2 winrate.

I hope some of you find this helpful and enlightening! (Speaking of enlightening... DOC seems to heavily favor enlightened then mechana with life sill doing quite well mostly by trashing void over and over. It has a gigantic void deficit against all other factions which has really started to bother me now that I have been studying the numbers and the deck layout. I love void! Buffs needed!)
turtler7

Previous

Return to General Discussion