Question - Event Trophy

Have a rules question? Search past discussions or post yours here!

Question - Event Trophy

Postby elric132 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:24 pm

Hi,

I just picked up the year two collectors edition. My question concerns Event Trophies. On page 6 of the accompanying rulebook there is a section explaining Monsters and Trophy Monsters. The following page covers Events, but I don't see any explanation of Event Trophies. I could try and guess how they work but I would rather read the "official" rules. So..

Did I miss the rules?

Are they somewhere else in the rulebook?

If they aren't where could I find them?

Thanks.
elric132

Re: Question - Event Trophy

Postby Huuuze » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:40 pm

Did you read the section about the Fanatic? It covers the details about Event Trophies in our previous rulebooks (link). I don't have the Year 2 rulebook handy, but I doubt it's different than the original rulebooks.
Visit Ascension Fans on Facebook for all of the latest Ascension information!
Huuuze

Playdek ID: Huuuze

Postby elric132 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:03 am

Okay I found the section about the fanatic.

Ohhhh.. I think I get it now. Am I correct in saying the only time an event trophy is triggered is when you defeat the fanatic?

If so, that's great I get it.

I do wish they had put something in the event section. They show a picture of an event with an event trophy on it(Hedron Rising). They identify/explain the Name, Faction and Event but not the Event Trophy.

Thanks.
elric132

Postby Hemka » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:15 am

Not when you defeat a Fanatic, but when you banish it from your control. You can defeat a fanatic and hold on to it as long as you want and banish it anytime in the future; this allows strategic play of the Event Trophy effect. This also means that if the event changes, the effect of banishing the Fanatic changes.
Hemka

Playdek ID: Hemka

Postby elric132 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:24 pm

Hemka - thanks for the clarification
elric132

Return to Rules