Some questions about some old cards

Have a rules question? Search past discussions or post yours here!

Some questions about some old cards

Postby JasonTime » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:02 am

Moken, the Huntmaster
from Darkness Unleashed
"At the end of the game, Moken, the Huntmaster's Honor value is equal to the number of Treasure cards in your deck."
Does it mean that Treasures in hand and discard pile will not count in?

Reverie Muse
from Dreamscape
"Unite: Double your Runes."
Does it double the Runes that can only be used to acquire Mechana Constructs? If yes, are the doubled Runes only available for acquiring Mechana Constructs?

Shade Viper
from War of Shadows
"Trophy: If it is Day, banish this to gain 1 Rune."
"Trophy: If it is Night, banish this to gain 1 Power."
If I controled [Shade Converter] and it was Night, how would it work? Choose one or gain both?

Shrine Attendant
from War of Shadows
"Add a Mystic or Heavy Infantry to your hand."
Would such effects like this, [Vedah, Sage of Swords], or "Acquire a XXX without paying its cost" use up the chance like "The next time you acquire a XXX, pay X Rune less"?

If I defeated [Avatar of the Fallen], acquired a Void card via the Reward, and then [Annihilation] came into event zone, would I be able to banish a card?
If I defeated [Avatar of the Fallen], [Annihilation] came into event zone, and then I acquired a Void card via the Reward, would I be able to banish a card?
JasonTime

Re: Some questions about some old cards

Postby sonnytlb » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:21 pm

1. You get 1 honor for every treasure in your entire deck--hand, discard pile, everything.
2. Does not double the mechana-construct-only runes.
sonnytlb

Playdek ID: sonnytlb

Postby JasonTime » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:10 pm

sonnytlb wrote:1. You get 1 honor for every treasure in your entire deck--hand, discard pile, everything.
2. Does not double the mechana-construct-only runes.

Are these based on official rulebooks or APP?
Anyway, Thanks~
JasonTime

Postby Hemka » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:06 am

1. Your Deck is everything under your control. When you count your points at the end of your game, you count all the cards in your deck. For Example (the manual I had nearby) Gift of the Elements page 11 "Cards in each player's deck are also worth Honor... When the game is over, count the Honor from Heroes and Constructs (this includes your hand, deck, discard pile, and played Constructs)."

2. It does not double them, although I cannot point to a specific rule on it. In the app it does not double them I know.

3. According to the FAQ "... Shade Converter's effects lets you gain the benefits of day even when the board is not in Day. If the board is in Night, you can still gain Night effects." So you would get both.

4. I think it can. If the card says "Acquire" then it probably would, but Shrine Attendant just says "add a Mystic or Heavy Infantry" so that probably wouldn't.

5. First scenario no. Second Scenario yes. The event must be active to gain its effect; you do not get events retroactively.
Hemka

Playdek ID: Hemka

Postby JasonTime » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:02 am

Hemka wrote:1. Your Deck is everything under your control. When you count your points at the end of your game, you count all the cards in your deck. For Example (the manual I had nearby) Gift of the Elements page 11 "Cards in each player's deck are also worth Honor... When the game is over, count the Honor from Heroes and Constructs (this includes your hand, deck, discard pile, and played Constructs)."

2. It does not double them, although I cannot point to a specific rule on it. In the app it does not double them I know.

3. According to the FAQ "... Shade Converter's effects lets you gain the benefits of day even when the board is not in Day. If the board is in Night, you can still gain Night effects." So you would get both.

4. I think it can. If the card says "Acquire" then it probably would, but Shrine Attendant just says "add a Mystic or Heavy Infantry" so that probably wouldn't.

5. First scenario no. Second Scenario yes. The event must be active to gain its effect; you do not get events retroactively.

Thanks for your reply~
Well, a player can only activate one effect on a card at a time. If Shade Viper works as you said, why don't they combine the two effect texts of Shade Viper into one like "Trophy: Banish this to gain 1 Rune if it is Day and 1 Power if it is Night."? Is it a mistake of design?
JasonTime

Postby JasonTime » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:27 am

A new question:

If [Cetra's Trial] is in the Event Zone, may I acquire a 4-cost Hero by effect "Acquire a Hero with 3 Runes or less without paying its cost"?
JasonTime

Postby Hemka » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:24 am

I guess I could be wrong Jason, I can't seem to find anything about it. My instinct is to gain both but you could be right about picking one. If it worked like I expected they would have worded it different. I'll have to play a dummy game in the app to see how they handle it.
Hemka

Playdek ID: Hemka

Postby JasonTime » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:38 am

Hemka wrote:I guess I could be wrong Jason, I can't seem to find anything about it. My instinct is to gain both but you could be right about picking one. If it worked like I expected they would have worded it different. I'll have to play a dummy game in the app to see how they handle it.

Thanks a lot!
JasonTime

Postby JasonTime » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:55 am

Hemka wrote:I guess I could be wrong Jason, I can't seem to find anything about it. My instinct is to gain both but you could be right about picking one. If it worked like I expected they would have worded it different. I'll have to play a dummy game in the app to see how they handle it.

Sorry for disturbing, but I have got two new questions:
1.If [Cetra's Trial] is in the Event Zone(or [Stone Henge] location has come into effect), may I acquire a 4-cost Hero by effect "Acquire a Hero with 3 Runes or less without paying its cost"?
2.How about Rally vs "The next time you acquire a X, pay XXX less"?
JasonTime

Postby JasonTime » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:09 pm

And [Guide of Lost Souls]'s "Replace it with a Mystic or Heavy Infantry" vs "The next time you acquire a Hero, do XXX..."/"When you acquire a Hero, do XXX..."
JasonTime

Next

Return to Rules