Nyxian Corruptor Issue

Have a rules question? Search past discussions or post yours here!

Nyxian Corruptor Issue

Postby JasonTime » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:40 pm

How does 'You may spend 3 Runes as though it was Power this turn.' actually work?

Is it
'You may spend up to 3 Runes as though it was Power this turn.'
or
'Once this turn, you may change 3 Runes into 3 Power.'
or
'Once this turn, when you need to pay 3 Power, you may pay 3 Runes instead.'?

Example:
I only have 5 Runes 0 Power now and have played this card.
In case 1:
I can spend 2 Runes to defeat a Cultist, and 2 Runes 1 changeable Rune remain.
In case 2:
I spend 2 Runes to defeat a Cultist, and 2 Runes 1 Power remain.
In case 3:
I can't spend 2 Runes to defeat a Cultist. But I can spend 3 Runes to defeat a Fanatic, and 2 Runes remain.
JasonTime

Re: Nyxian Corruptor Issue

Postby turtler7 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:33 am

It is a "may spend" power meaning you can convert multiple times during the turn and as little or much as you want bounded by 3 total converted before the ability cuts off. You may at any time during that turn spend 1 rune as if it was a power then another time spend another 1 rune as power and a final time spend 1 rune as power or do some of them at the same time for the same event. It is a very flexible conversion provided you have the rune(s) and have a way to spend the power. You cannot "convert" then spend. You spend to defeat or acquire via the conversion ability(doubling power will not double runes that you intend to use as power).
turtler7

Playdek ID: turtler7

Re: Nyxian Corruptor Issue

Postby JasonTime » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:09 am

turtler7 wrote:It is a "may spend" power meaning you can convert multiple times during the turn and as little or much as you want bounded by 3 total converted before the ability cuts off. You may at any time during that turn spend 1 rune as if it was a power then another time spend another 1 rune as power and a final time spend 1 rune as power or do some of them at the same time for the same event. It is a very flexible conversion provided you have the rune(s) and have a way to spend the power. You cannot "convert" then spend. You spend to defeat or acquire via the conversion ability(doubling power will not double runes that you intend to use as power).

Got it. But I really think “up to” is a necessary phrase for this text...
JasonTime

Return to Rules