Vision timing with regards to cards in hand

Have a rules question? Search past discussions or post yours here!

Vision timing with regards to cards in hand

Postby advocatejake » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:50 pm

Hello Forum,

When may visions be purchased and activated from the dreamscape during the the turn? I am currently under the impression that they may be purchased and activated at any point in the turn before the cleanup phase. Is this accurate?

I am specifically interested in whether they can be activated after all of the cards in the hand have been played, and what effect visions have on cards that have already been played. Does Order of the Gear turn mechana heroes that have been played earlier in the same turn into constructs?

Kind regards,
advocatejake

Re: Vision timing with regards to cards in hand

Postby Razoupaf » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:12 pm

I had the same question regarding Order of the Gear and Pasythea already in play.

Due to the turn being so powerful already, we decided that the cards were played and unaffected by Order of the Gear.

As far as I'm concerned, cards already played are unaffected by anything other than Unite and effects which copy them.
Razoupaf

Postby advocatejake » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:02 am

I have operated with the same protocol- cards that have been played in the current turn are inaccessible until they go to the discard pile unless they are specifically referred to. I couldn't find any errata referring to this using the forum resources. Is this forum the word of god for Ascension?
advocatejake

Postby Razoupaf » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:50 am

Nah, Huuuze's is :)

And there's a FAQ too but it's a pain to find it :/
Razoupaf

Postby advocatejake » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:45 pm

http://solforgegame.com/board/ < is this the WoG? Do I go there to get a ruling? Who is Huuze? game dev of some sort?
advocatejake

Postby Huuuze » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:21 am

advocatejake wrote:Hello Forum,

When may visions be purchased and activated from the dreamscape during the the turn? I am currently under the impression that they may be purchased and activated at any point in the turn before the cleanup phase. Is this accurate?

I am specifically interested in whether they can be activated after all of the cards in the hand have been played, and what effect visions have on cards that have already been played. Does Order of the Gear turn mechana heroes that have been played earlier in the same turn into constructs?

Kind regards,

You may play a Vision card at any point during your turn. In terms of the Mechana Heroes that are already in play, they do not become Constructs when you play Order of the Gear. The overall effects of those cards has already taken place and you cannot treat them differently after they've been played.
Visit Ascension Fans on Facebook for all of the latest Ascension information!
Huuuze

Playdek ID: Huuuze

Postby advocatejake » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:56 pm

Huuuze wrote:
advocatejake wrote:Hello Forum,

Kind regards,

You may play a Vision card at any point during your turn. In terms of the Mechana Heroes that are already in play, they do not become Constructs when you play Order of the Gear. The overall effects of those cards has already taken place and you cannot treat them differently after they've been played.

Thank you for weighing in on this Huuze! Is there a general rule covering what it's possible to do to cards after they are played, but before they are discarded? I was unable to find it in this site's FAQ and errata.
advocatejake

Postby Huuuze » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:28 pm

advocatejake wrote:Thank you for weighing in on this Huuze! Is there a general rule covering what it's possible to do to cards after they are played, but before they are discarded? I was unable to find it in this site's FAQ and errata.

You're welcome. When a card has been played, it's effectively "dead". They have no further value after their effect has been used.
Visit Ascension Fans on Facebook for all of the latest Ascension information!
Huuuze

Playdek ID: Huuuze

Postby Hemka » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:43 am

The only 2 things that refers to previously played cards (that I can think of) would be Unite effects and the Wandering Askara (allows you to banish 2 of them if played in the same turn).
Hemka

Playdek ID: Hemka

Postby KaiIsCool » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:22 pm

Hemka wrote:The only 2 things that refers to previously played cards (that I can think of) would be Unite effects and the Wandering Askara (allows you to banish 2 of them if played in the same turn).

And also the new empower cards from VotA
KaiIsCool

Return to Rules