IH mecha constructs

Want to talk about specific card combos? Deck ideas you try to carry out each game? Talk about them with the rest of the community here!

Re: IH mecha constructs

Postby Razoupaf » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:55 pm

In this block, you can sacrifice Mechana constructs to get some resource, like 1 power.
You also get effects when you play them.

I guess he used Spark Sprayer to sac. a construct, gain 1 power, then played a Construct with Repurposer in play to get the first Construct back into his hand, play it again, and sacrifice it again.

Energy Monk lets you take a Construct back to your hand so now :

I guess he used Spark Sprayer to sac. a construct, gain 1 power, then played a Construct with Repurposer in play to get the first Construct back into his hand, played Energy Monk to get Repurposer back to hand, played his first construct, sacrificed it for 1 power, played Repurposer to get the first construct back to his hand again, played it again and sacrificed it once more for 1 power.

Or he used the Hedron Pyromaniac as a sacrifice outlet to gain a Soul Gem maybe.
Razoupaf

Postby Razoupaf » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:14 pm

Yes, but IH is a small expansion. And since constructs are in play, the deck is always thinner than if they were heroes. Going the Construct way usually makes decks thinner and more powerful. If he had the opportunity to banish some cards and got some drawers, then it's not unreasonnable. I often am able to draw my entire deck every turn :)
Razoupaf

Postby Razoupaf » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:04 pm

Prithvi wrote:and I keep on buying mystics.

Most of the time you shouldn't :) I know I barely ever do! I won last time despite having no card giving me more than one rune and managing to buy a 8 rune card because of card draws shenanigans. The discounts in SoS help quite a bit too, especially if you go Mechana! You can end up paying like 3 runes for a 8 rune Mechana if you do it properly.

But sometimes you just have to buy those Mystics :P
Razoupaf

Postby Razoupaf » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:50 am

They're harder to get going than in CotG and I feel like you really have to either have the right Constructs and Heroes, or to banish a lot to get them to shine. But they're fun alright! Using Plasma Cannon twice per turn by playing a construct, destroying Plasma, taking it back from the trash and playing it again is pretty powerful. While having Personal Wormhole in play, too :P

The Dreamer's Glass really helps this strategy.
Razoupaf

Return to Strategy