Monk of the Lidless Eye (and similar Draw X cards)

Want to talk about specific card combos? Deck ideas you try to carry out each game? Talk about them with the rest of the community here!

Monk of the Lidless Eye (and similar Draw X cards)

Postby Kallizm » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:26 am

I've been playing Ascension for right around 4 years now, although I've barely touched the physical version in 3 years thanks to the portability of the iOS version. After playing hundreds and hundreds of matches, a question arose today. How are the Rune costs of the "Draw X cards" decided? My playstyle and personal strategy has always been to avoid the Enlightened cards unless it's a game-changer like Aaron, Miles, Aether Channeler, or Adayu. Cards like Monk of the Lidless Eye (sparing his Fate) seem like bad purchases since you only effectively get 1 additional card for 5 Runes. Are there synergies out there that I'm missing or is it just a way of adding his Fate to the game?
Kallizm

Re: Monk of the Lidless Eye (and similar Draw X cards)

Postby Adam » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:23 pm

One extra card can be a big deal. Just consider the difference between a hand of five apprentices and a hand of five apprentices and a mystic. The quality of card you can buy for seven is so much greater than what you can get for five.
Adam

Playdek ID: Adam Palma

Re: Monk of the Lidless Eye (and similar Draw X cards)

Postby ackmondual » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:02 am

Adam wrote:One extra card can be a big deal. Just consider the difference between a hand of five apprentices and a hand of five apprentices and a mystic. The quality of card you can buy for seven is so much greater than what you can get for five.

Not only is it a 6 card hand with him in your deck, but he's still worth 2 honor.
ackmondual

Return to Strategy