Archetypes

Want to talk about specific card combos? Deck ideas you try to carry out each game? Talk about them with the rest of the community here!

Archetypes

Postby wanderson921 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:45 pm

So I love trying new deck ideas when I play. However, I have a few decks that I look for and take when available/it makes sense. What are some decks you guys often look for when playing? For example, in a 2 player game when I get an early deck thinner and a lot of monsters show up, I will dive full force into going all power and end the game quickly.

I would love to hear what you guys do (with whatever set, combination of set you play with) so I can try out some new ideas.
wanderson921

Re: Archetypes

Postby Akulamenuri » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:27 am

I tend to look for cards that have certain effects rather than trying to build a specific deck, just because you won't really know which cards will fall in your favor during the course of a game. I try to acquire a Void card that banishes as fast as possible so I can try to thin out my starting deck. If I can't get acquire a Void Card, I try to acquire a construct that gives Power (Shadow Star, Yggdrasil Staff, Voidthirster, etc.) to pair with my 2 copies of Militia until they are banished. Its surprising how fast Cultist hits can add up when you are faced with those pesky 4 Apprentice 1 Militia hands. Another added benefit is that outside the last 2 sets, you need 3 Power to defeat a monster in the center row. Instead of trying to pair a Heavy Infantry with a Militia (which tends to get banished before Apprentice if possible making it even harder for the pair to come by) you still have the potential to clear our monsters in the center row with Heavy Infantry + Power granting construct . If there is a really good card in the center row that requires 6 Rune to purchase (Pathwarden, Nairi, etc.) I pretty much abandon the above to purchase a Mystic on Turns 1 and 2 to try to improve my chances of buying the 6 Rune on Turn 3 or 4. I typically don't go the Mechana route for an overall strategy, but just more of acquiring them during the late game for points. I feel that if your first acquired card in a game is Rocket Courier, Reclamax, or Recyclicrab that you have probably made a mistake.
Akulamenuri

Playdek ID: Akulamenuri

Postby blue123 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:57 am

Druid's Wreath > Verdant Crown -- Transforming this card in the early rounds is REALLY hard to race for an opponent, especially with the lack of construct hate in RU.

Get HP0-J73 dumps demos for test king and passguide with 100% success wikipedia Our high quality examsheets itil University of Cambridge you well before appearing in the final exams of selftestengine HP
blue123

Postby 0menRaven » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:06 pm

My favorite archetype is what I've come to call the "Friends with Benefits" archetype...

Namely, cards that give resource [X], but provide an additional {Y} if a condition--such as defeating a monster in the center row--is met. Cards like Soul Assassin, Canopic Jar, Balzar, Mistress of Blades, etc. can rack up some sick combos if you can augment them with the right cards.
Playing out a hand in a DBG is the resolution of prior decisions, not the decision point itself.
~Seth Jaffee, creator of Eminent Domain
0menRaven

Playdek ID: 0menRaven

Postby ackmondual » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:40 am

If I have enough of a mass of l/h (lifebound heroes), I'll jump on the Unite train! Fewer l/h will also work if I've managed to thin out my deck more!

I'm still a fan of massing m/c (mechana Constructs), even though I play the digital version with all exps (m/c were quite OP in the base game/CotG)

If someone's managed to get cards that can thin their deck, I go heavy power and hope I can end the game in time.
ackmondual

Return to Strategy