What are your favorite cards so far in Realms Unraveled?

Want to talk about specific card combos? Deck ideas you try to carry out each game? Talk about them with the rest of the community here!

What are your favorite cards so far in Realms Unraveled?

Postby sivartalappes » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:22 pm

My "must buy" cards for my deck are:

Shadow Stalker: 3cost void hero-- You may banish a card in your discard pile. Draw a card.

Journeyman Outrider: 3cost enlightened hero -- Acquire a hero or construct with 5cost or less without paying its cost.

Canon Templar: 5cost enlightened/mechana hero -- Gain 2runes. You may defeat a monster with Pcost less than or equal to the Rcost of a construct you control.

Voidforged Paladin: 5cost enlightened/void hero -- Gain 2power. The first time you defeat a monster in the center row this turn, draw two cards.
sivartalappes

Playdek ID: sivartalappes

Re: What are your favorite cards so far in Realms Unraveled?

Postby 0menRaven » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:31 pm

1.) Druid's Wreath > Verdant Crown -- Transforming this card in the early rounds is REALLY hard to race for an opponent, especially with the lack of construct hate in RU.

2.) Borderland Nihilist/Mercenary -- Really like the transform mechanic being put on "lesser" monsters. The fact that it's a really nice deck catalyst helps too.
Playing out a hand in a DBG is the resolution of prior decisions, not the decision point itself.
~Seth Jaffee, creator of Eminent Domain
0menRaven

Playdek ID: 0menRaven

Postby gilneas » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:30 am

I haven't had a lot of chance to play it yet, but from the limited time I have, the new Emri really stood out to me; probably mostly because I've had decks that really supported her and I got her at good times. But still, she seems pretty awesome. Due to the nature of her transform mechanic, she's always going to have targets to go after right away. That, and her art is pretty cool.

Apparently, the designers like Emri as much as I do... this being her third incarnation.
gilneas

Postby Akulamenuri » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:39 pm

Sage of Lucid Dreams is disgustingly overpowered and really inexpensive for its effect at a cost of 4 Rune. Someone acquiring this card early game is pretty much an instant win for that player and mid-game results to a win percentage around 75% (I didn't pull these numbers from the sky, this is from a rough analysis of about 40 2-player games). I really wish this card had just a "Unite" ability and not a "Multi-Unite" ability. Hands down the best value card in the set.
Akulamenuri

Playdek ID: Akulamenuri

Postby vdW » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:47 am

There are 3 that I really love. I put them in order here:

1. Hedron Watchtower - Awesome card if you can get it early and the artwork is really my favorite of all the sets

2. Forgotten Scripture <-> Mantra of True Sight - The transformed card is just great, a card every turn :)

3. Matron of Discovery - Especially with other Mechana's
vdW

Postby Radicalman33 » Sun May 24, 2015 1:39 am

My favorite card is a Lifebound/Void hero that gives 3honor and allows you to banish a card. I forgot the name. Lifebound really allows to to drain the Honor pool fast.
Radicalman33

Return to Strategy