Ascension: GotE beta testing

Want to talk about the iOS, Android, PC or other digital versions of Ascension? Do it here!

Ascension: GotE beta testing

Postby Huuuze » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:32 pm

Thanks to everyone that emailed me earlier this (hectic) week. The beta testing is slowly rolling out for the new Ascension client software, as well as Gift of the Elements.

If you'd like to help beta test the software, you'll need to sign up for an Asmodee account here. Once you're logged in, go into your account, and select "Beta Tests" on the left-hand column. You should see Ascension in the list.

As of this post, only the STEAM beta test is available. iOS should be up soon. Since the folks on this forum are the most die-hard digital players, I'm going to hold off announcing this on social media until Monday. So act fast!
Visit Ascension Fans on Facebook for all of the latest Ascension information!
Huuuze

Playdek ID: Huuuze

Re: Ascension: GotE beta testing

Postby Huuuze » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:34 pm

One request: I know most of you will focus on GotE. However, I encourage you to test EVERYTHING. There's a ton of "new" in this release and it's possible you'll uncover bugs in sets that worked perfectly fine in the past.
Huuuze

Postby odingere » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:22 pm

What is happening with Android?
odingere

Playdek ID: tvstevie

Postby Hemka » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:47 pm

Are there beta forums for this? And where best to send bug reports? Nevermind, found it as a link in the beta test page. My bad :)
Hemka

Playdek ID: Hemka

Postby Huuuze » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:56 pm

odingere wrote:What is happening with Android?

Not sure. I'll check with the digital team.
Huuuze

Postby Hemka » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:09 pm

So far this beta looks awesome. Can we talk about it yet? It seems not from the wording on the site, but if this is a (mostly) open beta that may not be the case? Just curious. Turtler and I are having fun playing :)
Hemka

Postby Huuuze » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:19 pm

Hemka wrote:So far this beta looks awesome. Can we talk about it yet? It seems not from the wording on the site, but if this is a (mostly) open beta that may not be the case? Just curious. Turtler and I are having fun playing :)

The website appears to be down, but I'd wager the answer is "No". They have an official beta forum where you can discuss things.
Huuuze

Postby Hemka » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:53 am

Okaaaay :'(
Hemka

Postby tecwrtr » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:47 am

The sign up for an Asmodee account link doesn't seem to be working. Is anyone else having difficulty?

Thanks in advance!
tecwrtr

Playdek ID: tecwrtr

Postby turtler7 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:16 am

tecwrtr wrote:The sign up for an Asmodee account link doesn't seem to be working. Is anyone else having difficulty?

Thanks in advance!

Try logging in with your normal login stuff. I tried to setup an account and was getting errors. I don't recall specifically making an asmodee account and don't recognize any of the site layout but I tried logging in and my normal account stuff was already a registered account. Could just be I used a familiar setup and forgot I had ever done it or could be they are cross compatible with other apps and such.
turtler7

Playdek ID: turtler7

Next

Return to Digital General Discussion