New UI is the Actual Worst (Mobile App)

Want to talk about the iOS, Android, PC or other digital versions of Ascension? Do it here!

Re: New UI is the Actual Worst (Mobile App)

Postby LoveAlways » Thu May 31, 2018 1:04 am

Just wanted to mention that the game may seem slower in part because, if you’re like me, the update reset your game/animation speed settings. I changed this back to “fast” while in a game and it helped a lot. It is still slower, but this adjustment can help for anyone who may not have been aware of the setting reset. Hope this helps :)
LoveAlways

Playdek ID: LoveAlways

Postby Huuuze » Thu May 31, 2018 11:01 pm

purestrainhuman wrote:
Beefsticks wrote:- THE LOBBY DOESNT SHOW IF A HOST OR PLAYER IS ONLINE. I HAVENT GOTTEN 1 GAME SINCE THE UPDATE.

This x1000 I legit don't understand how people are offering all these in-depth reviews. Playing offline maybe? People are in the chat trying to get people to invite them directly to a game because if any of the "available" games are actually available, you'd never know it. I can't imagine how the app made it this far though the development without anyone mentioning a critical flaw like that

The online indicator is back in today's update.
Visit Ascension Fans on Facebook for all of the latest Ascension information!
Huuuze

Playdek ID: Huuuze

Postby atlby » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:50 am

Recent iOS app update (1.14.2) doesn't fix white screen issue pointed out earlier by thetiger92, victiger and Annorax2 (iPad 4, iOS 10.3.3).

There are Asmodee, Stone Blade and Playdek logos followed by completely white screen. Background music plays as usual. If I tap button areas (on white screen) I can hear corresponding sounds but screen remains completely blank.

Looking forward for another update. Now app is unplayable.
atlby

Playdek ID: atlby

Postby victiger » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:07 pm

atlby wrote:Recent iOS app update (1.14.2) doesn't fix white screen issue pointed out earlier by thetiger92, victiger and Annorax2 (iPad 4, iOS 10.3.3).

There are Asmodee, Stone Blade and Playdek logos followed by completely white screen. Background music plays as usual. If I tap button areas (on white screen) I can hear corresponding sounds but screen remains completely blank.

Looking forward for another update. Now app is unplayable.

Yes, still stuck at white screen with music after 1.14.2 update on iPad 4, iOS 10.3.3

Have also tried hard reboot and uninstall/reinstall, but no difference.
victiger

Playdek ID: Hudson Mudson

Postby Al Ciao » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:04 am

The newest update makes the game slightly more responsive in gameplay, but not by much. Still want an interface as quick and smooth and responsive as the old one, be it the old one returned, or this one brought up to match.
Al Ciao

Postby ackmondual » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:03 am

I already submitted to Asmodee's help/contact page, but figured I'll mention here as well...
Ipod Touch 5 running ios7

When trying to run the app, it just goes right back to the home screen. Not yet able to try the new interface yet.
ackmondual

Postby Dactrius » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:08 pm

I'm guessing it's something obvious that I've somehow missed, but how do you tell who went first with the new UI? It doesn't seem to relate to whose name is listed first anymore. Definitely causing me some problems with misplays due to never knowing who gets last turn.
Dactrius

Playdek ID: Dactrius

Postby Colonel Forbin » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:19 pm

Just adding on to what others have already said. Basically a game that ran flawlessly is now ruined. What's the reason for the change? The game was smooth as silk before.
Colonel Forbin

Playdek ID: Colonel Forbin

Postby sivartalappes » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:24 am

Am I the only one who's forfeited/timed out games WILL NOT GO AWAY?!?!! I lost 2 games like 4 days ago... and both of them continue to appear in my active games EVERY TIME I log in!
sivartalappes

Playdek ID: sivartalappes

Postby subVert » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:58 pm

sivartalappes wrote:Am I the only one who's forfeited/timed out games WILL NOT GO AWAY?!?!! I lost 2 games like 4 days ago... and both of them continue to appear in my active games EVERY TIME I log in!

Nope, same here.
subVert

PreviousNext

Return to Digital General Discussion