Ring of Life vs Unite in other factions

Talk about all things Ascension here!

Ring of Life vs Unite in other factions

Postby JasonTime » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:29 pm

Consider:

I have played [Ring of Life] and chosen another faction (i.e. Void).
When I play a Void Hero with Unite / Multi-Unite, then a Lifebound Hero, can the Unite / Multi-Unite of the Void Hero be triggered, since I play a Hero that shares a faction?
JasonTime

Re: Ring of Life vs Unite in other factions

Postby Hemka » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:00 pm

Hmm... that is a very interesting thought. For example, the Deathdealer Noble says "Gain 2 power. Multi-unite: Gain 1 power. (Gain this effect for each other Void Hero you play or have played this turn.)" So for that one, I would normally say no because it specifically says void heroes. But the rulebook on page 9 says "Cards with Multi-Unite have additional effect that occur if you play them in the same turn as other Heroes that share the same faction." So which is it? The text in parentheses is usually a helper string to remind you what the keyword means (it isn't present on Cetra or Dhartha for example) so I don't know if that would lock it down to just void.

Going by the rulebook, other Lifebound Heroes would share the same faction as Deathdealer Noble, so I would think additional lifebound heroes would trigger the multiunite. Wonder what the app behavior is (with the one Lifebound event that says the first card you play each turn is Lifebound).
Hemka

Playdek ID: Hemka

Postby JasonTime » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:21 pm

Hemka wrote:Hmm... that is a very interesting thought. For example, the Deathdealer Noble says "Gain 2 power. Multi-unite: Gain 1 power. (Gain this effect for each other Void Hero you play or have played this turn.)" So for that one, I would normally say no because it specifically says void heroes. But the rulebook on page 9 says "Cards with Multi-Unite have additional effect that occur if you play them in the same turn as other Heroes that share the same faction." So which is it? The text in parentheses is usually a helper string to remind you what the keyword means (it isn't present on Cetra or Dhartha for example) so I don't know if that would lock it down to just void.

Going by the rulebook, other Lifebound Heroes would share the same faction as Deathdealer Noble, so I would think additional lifebound heroes would trigger the multiunite. Wonder what the app behavior is (with the one Lifebound event that says the first card you play each turn is Lifebound).

In APP, I test it with Storm of Souls and Dreamscape, and I can't trigger the Unite effect of [Bringer of Despair] (which was the first played Hero and was considered Lifebound with Event [Ogo Rising]) by playing Lifebound Heroes. But I am not sure if it is just another programming defect or something...

And now I have a new question:
Consider:
[Ogo Rising] and [Nairi's Blessing] have come into effect.
Can the first played Hero each turn be seen as Lifebound, though I am considered to have played a Lifebound Hero?
JasonTime

Postby JasonTime » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:25 pm

In APP, the first played Hero is also Lifebound, though [Nairi's Blessing] tells that I have played a Lifebound Hero. :o :o
JasonTime

Return to General Discussion