IDEA FOR A COUPLE NEW CARDS!!!!

Talk about all things Ascension here!

IDEA FOR A COUPLE NEW CARDS!!!!

Postby ShatterdPawn » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:24 pm

HI,My name is Alex Johnson...
I just bought Ascension and my brother in-law taught me today in less than an hour and its been a blast. As soon as i started playing i thought there was going to be this card that had an ability that took away your honor, but there wasn't. So i got this Idea for the Expansion... This card would have to be one of the best cards in the game but it would have a Negative affect every time u used it. An example would be like " Draw three cards, Banish 2, and float 3 Power and 2 Rune. Lose 3 honor" Or you could make it 4-5 Honor loss, i wouldn't suggest anything over 5 because the game would just banish this card way to fast for anyone to even use it. I would say although this card would have a down affect it would combine multiple opportunity for combos to happen within the game making it Funner and more Challenging. What About it? Good Idea Or Bad? :?:
ShatterdPawn

Re: IDEA FOR A COUPLE NEW CARDS!!!!

Postby nightmare588 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:19 am

I personally think that this would be a bit too much of a risk for me to want to buy
Ascension "Pathwarden" Games Day Champion - Wayne MI
Ascension "Pathwarden" Games Day Champion - Ypsilanti MI
Ascension "Deep Drone" Games Day Champion - Wayne MI
nightmare588

Postby Radicalman33 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:39 pm

I am surprised there are no cards that cost honor yet in Ascension. They would be somewhat difficult to obtain because you would need the honor first, and they would be strong enough to make people want to buy them. They should come from a different draw pile though, otherwise, the game could be a potential stalemate.
Radicalman33

Postby turtler7 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:33 pm

A cost for honor could be a valid idea. But not by putting honor back in the pool. It could either be a -value at the end of the game to offset the benefit it gives during the game. Or it could be the honor is removed from the game when the card is purchased (to make you need honor before being able to buy them as mentioned above).
turtler7

Playdek ID: turtler7

Postby Radicalman33 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:44 am

I think the idea of putting the honor back into the honor pool is the best way to do it. The second best would be that you have to banish honor from you personal honor pool. Removing honor from the honor pool would have very little impact, it would be more beneficial to the person using the card, not the opponent.
Radicalman33

Return to General Discussion